So what *is* the Tudor Radio Network? It’s a radio station available online featuring Tudor talk shows, leading podcasts, and music from the 16th century. No matter where you are, or what time of day it is, you will be able to switch it on and be transported to the 16th century.
Welcome to the Tudor Radio Network, the internet radio station that transports you to the 16th century, wherever you are. We’ve launched on December 1, 2018, with music and talk, including some brand new shows.
The Tudor Radio Network was conceived when I started a radio show in the UK, the Tudor Music Hour, and I had no way to distribute it on my podcast feed since I didn’t have a radio license. A quick google search of “how to get a radio license” took me down the rabbit hole of internet stations, and before you knew it, I was dreaming up a Tudor themed station. After polling some folks in my community, and getting positive responses, I decided to go ahead and start the project.
I began by asking other podcasters if they would have their show on the network. The following shows will be available on the station:
-The Millennium of Music, the world’s longest running early music program, from Robert Aubry Davis, a radio giant, who is also providing informal mentoring to this project
– The Renaissance English History Podcast
– Tudors Dynasty from Rebecca Larson
– Talking Tudors from Natalie Grueninger
– Stories of the Tudors from Tony Riches
– Author Notes from Janet Wertman
– The Tudor Travel Guide, Sarah Morris
– Tudor, I Hardly Know Her, a comedy podcast from Emily Simpson and Garrett Kaser
– And, of course, the Tudor Music Hour which got this whole thing started
If you have an idea for an original show idea you’d like to pitch our way, get in touch!
As we are getting things set up, we would love your support of the network. There are three ways you can be an early supporter (and rock star in our eyes):
- First, sign up for the mailing list to get updates and be the first to know when the station is going live
- Second, follow our Facebook Page to connect, and then share it with your Tudor-minded friends
- Are you a publisher, Renaissance Faire, musician, or history-themed business? If so, you can get involved through corporate sponsorship at greatly reduced rates, which you can lock in by coming in early. Reach the people who are the most avid history enthusiasts through sponsoring an hour on the station. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for rates, and more information.
Thank you so much for all your love and support, and we can’t wait to share the music and talk of the 16th century with you 24 hours a day!